Walking or running is one of the best exercises a senior can do to burn more calories and keep himself healthy and fit for a long time. Actually, who does not want to see himself young and energetic in the mirror every day?
For older people, it is tough to go outside and walk or run to keep themselves fit because there might be rough terrain or the weather might not suit them. In that case, if you have a treadmill, it can help you do walking or running inside the home. With the treadmill, you can have a smoother surface, walk or run as your desired speed, and have lots of other benefits. But you can do that only when you have the best treadmills for seniors.
Should Seniors Use Treadmills?
For senior citizens, it is tough to run or walk outside the home. It is because the terrain might be rough or the weather might not suit them or even they need support when walking or running outside. But if they do not do exercise regularly, it might damage their body part. Also, it might cause some severe diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetics, and others.
But a treadmill can help them do their necessary exercise at home. It will help them get better health by reducing diabetics, heart diseases, better mood, and improved blood flow. So overall, seniors should use the treadmill for sure. But if you are not stable and if there is any chance of falling down when walking or running, then you should not use a treadmill at all.
Other than that, there are a lot of benefits of a treadmill. If you want to know the benefits in detail, make sure you visit our guide on the benefits of treadmills?
Table of content:
If you want to know what we have discussed below, then you should check out our table of content.
- 5 Best Treadmills For Seniors Reviews In 2020
- 1. Body-Solid Endurance T50 Walking Treadmill for Low Impact Exercises and Rehabilitation
- 2. EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill
- 3. Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill with Low Wide Deck
- 4. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill – Easy Assembly Fitness
- 5. Aceshin Treadmill for Walking, Folding Treadmills for Small Spaces
- What To Consider Before Buying A Treadmills For Seniors?
- Why Should You Buy A Treadmills For Seniors?
If you want to make a better decision, you should compare all the treadmills that we have reviewed. Check out our comparison chart below to compare all the treadmills at once.
Body-Solid Endurance T50 Walking Treadmill for Low Impact Exercises and Rehabilitation
EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill with Full Length Hand Rails, Deck Cushions and Heart Rate Monitoring
Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill with Low Wide Deck and Multi-Grip Handrails for Balance
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill – Easy Assembly Fitness Motorized Running Jogging Machine
Aceshin Treadmill for Walking, Folding Treadmills for Small Spaces, Motorized Fitness Compact Running Equipment
5 Best Treadmills For Seniors Reviews In 2020
The market does not have a lot of good treadmills. That is why finding the right treadmills for you is really tough. But we are here to help you find the right one. We have bought together some of the top class treadmills in the market with their features and benefits so that you can make a better decision.
1. Body-Solid Endurance T50 Walking Treadmill for Low Impact Exercises and Rehabilitation
The Body-Solid Endurance T50 Walking Treadmill is one of the very few treadmills in the market that can offer maximum value to the users. It comes with a high-torque 1.5 hp motor that can provide you up to 5 mph speed. As a result, you can get a good walking and smooth running speed here. Also, it allows you to control the speed from 0.1mph to 5mph with 0.1mph increment.
This treadmill for senior citizens has a thick walking belt that ensures maximum comfort and stability in walking. You will get easy access hard and sturdy entry ramp that will let you get on and off easier than ever and enjoy the fun of the gym at home.
For better comfort and added support, it comes with 2 inch wide fully padded handrails and a middle grip that provide support to seniors. Besides, a large LED display is available where you can see your calorie burned, distanced covered, speed, and heart rate as well. So overall, it is the simplest one that will make you able to exercise at home properly.
Body-Solid Endurance Features:
- The treadmill has a powerful motor that can give you up to 5 mph speed along with the speed control.
- It comes with a thick walking belt that provides you maximum comfort and stability.
- You will get a sturdy entry ramp so that any senior can get on and off easier than ever.
- Full length padded handrails make sure you get maximum support when walking or running.
- Jumbo size LED display with easy to use large button tells you the speed, distance, and calories you burned.
2. EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill
The EXERPEUTIC fitness walking treadmill is another great treadmill with lots of useful features you have for your seniors. It comes with a 1.5 hp torque motor that offers noise-free operation and generates up to 5 mph speed. As a result, you can walk and run fast enough to burn your calories and remain fit. You will get a speed control feature as well from 0.2 mph to 5mph.
It features a comfortable tread belt having a weight capacity of 300 lbs. Also, it comes with 10 shock absorbing deck cushions along with additional reinforcement so that you get reduced impact during walking. Its height is only 5” that makes it easier to set up the treadmill. These features make it considered as the best treadmill for senior walking.
You will get a 49” full-length handrails with foam padding assure safe and comfortable walking. 4 adjustable stabilizers and transportation wheels are there as well for easy transportation. Even you will get a backlit LCD with an easy button where you can check the speed, the time elapsed, distance, and others for better control.
EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Features:
- The treadmill has a powerful motor that can give you up to 5 mph speed with less noise and speed control.
- It comes with a comfortable walking belt with 10 shock-absorbing deck cushions that provides less impact and maximum comfort and stability.
- Full-length handrails with foam padding make sure you get maximum support when walking or running.
- You will get 4 adjustable stabilizer and transportation wheels that allow you to easy relocation.
- Backlit LCD with easy to use button tells you the speed, elapsed time, distance, and calories you burned.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill with Low Wide Deck
The Sunny Health & Fitness Walking Treadmill is another good walking treadmill for seniors with lots of useful features and benefits. It comes with a powerful 2.5 peak hp motor that generates up to 5 mph speed with speed control. As a result, you can walk comfortably from 0.6 mph to 5 mph on the treadmill.
You will have a shock-absorbing walking deck that reduces the impact on joints and provide you a comfortable walking. With its non-slip padded handrails, you will have better support and get a stable walking and running. That means you can walk or run smoothly without any pressure.
A digital monitor is there with a backlit LED, and easy to use large button tells you the speed, distance, and calories you burned and let you control the speed. Also, you will get a low profile treadmill deck so that you can easily get on and off from the treadmill. Even the transportation wheels are there to make transportation easier.
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- The treadmill has a powerful 2.5 peak hp motor that can give you up to 5 mph speed along with the speed control.
- It comes with a shock-absorbing walking deck that provides you maximum comfort and reduces the impact on joints.
- Extensive non-slip padded handrails make sure you get a comfortable grip and maximum support.
- A digital monitor with a backlit LED and easy to use large button tell you the speed, distance, and calories you burned and let you control the speed.
- It features a low profile treadmill deck with transportation wheels that make it easier to transport and step on and off.
4. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill – Easy Assembly Fitness
If you are looking for the best home treadmill for seniors that will provide you all the benefits you need for successful walking and running on the treadmills, then consider the Merax Electric Folding Treadmill. It features a 1.5 hp treadmill motor that can generate up to 7 mph speed. With its 12 preset programs as well as 3 countdown modes, you can walk from 0.5 mph to 12 mph easily.
You will have quick, easy buttons so that you can instantly stop and start the treadmill and change the speed based on your need. It comes with a high-density lawn texture belt with a shock-absorbing ability that provides smooth walking. Also, you will have a non-slip deck so that you get maximum safety as well.
It has a Multifunctional LED display with a speaker that shows you the speed, distance, and time and lets you play audio as well. Also, its compact size and fast-folding design with transportation wheels allow you easily move it anywhere without any hassle. With all these features, it is considered as one of the best treadmills for seniors.
Merax Electric Folding Features:
- The treadmill has a powerful motor that can give you up to 7 mph speed that ensures fast running.
- It comes with a high-density lawn texture belt with the shock-absorbing ability and non-slip deck for comfortable and smooth walking.
- You will have quick, easy buttons so that you can instantly stop and start the treadmill and change the speed based on your need.
- A Multifunctional LED display with a speaker tells you the speed, distance, and calories you burned and lets you play audio as well.
- It comes with a compact size and fast folding design with transportation wheels so that you can easily move it anywhere without any hassle.
5. Aceshin Treadmill for Walking, Folding Treadmills for Small Spaces
If you have a limited budget and want to get the best treadmill under $300 only, then you should consider the Aceshin Treadmill for Walking. It comes with a 1.5 hp motor that can give you a maximum speed of 10kmph. As a result, with its array of training programs, you can change your workout regime and burn enough calories as well.
You will get an LCD that allows you to check time, speed, distance, and others so that you can control your workout program. Also, its heart rate monitor tells you about your heart rate. That means you will have full control over your calorie burning and workout program.
It features transportation wheels, and it comes with a foldable design so that you can easily move it and set it anywhere in your room. For easy maintenance, there is a quick service refueling button that allows using lubricate easily and evenly and makes your treadmill faster than ever.
Aceshin Treadmill Features:
- The treadmill has a 1.5 hp powerful low noise motor that can give you up to 10 mph speed along with an array of workout program
- It comes with an auto-stop safety function that turns off the treadmill in an emergency
- You will get an LCD along with a heart rate monitor so that you can see the time, speed, heart rate, and others
- Transportation wheels along with foldable design allow you to move and set the treadmill easily
- The easy self-lubrication feature lets you easily fuel the treadmill for easy maintenance and fast waling
What To Consider Before Buying A Treadmills For Seniors?
When it comes to finding the best treadmills for seniors, it is not as easy as it is for young people. You need to consider a lot of things when selecting a treadmill for older people. But we are here to help you. Here are some important things that you should consider while buying the treadmill for seniors.
Walking speed plays a vital role when it comes to walking and running on the treadmill. If you want to burn your calorie, you must walk or run at a certain speed, and it should not be below 2 mph. So make sure you get one that offers maximum walking speed along with speed control. If you can buy that, it will give you a minimum rate of 0.5 mph, and you can go higher based on your need.
The deck is another important thing that you should consider while buying a treadmill for a senior. Its deck has to be cushion so that senior citizens can comfortably walk and run on it. Also, make sure it has the shock-absorbing ability because it will lessen the impact on joints. You know most of the older people have joint pain, and if the deck does not lessen the impact, the pain might go up.
When walking, a senior person has to have enough support. Otherwise, he or she might be unstable and might face any unwanted situation. That is why you should choose a treadmill that has comfortable handrails. Try to purchase one that has padded and non-slip handrails so that you or your grandpa get maximum grip and support.
The construction has to be strong enough. You do not want to buy a treadmill that will last a few months and cannot carry the load of your grandpa/ma. If you want a treadmill that will last long, you should check the construction at first. Strong construction ensures durability and sturdiness.
Incline and other features:
If you want to increase the intensity of the exercise and burn more calories, you should look for the incline feature. With the incline option, you can burn around 10% more calories easily. Also, look for other features as well, such as safety features, LCD, and others. It will help you use the treadmill more conveniently.
Note: I hope the above mention guideline on how to choose a treadmill for seniors to give you the right instruction to pick the perfect treadmill. But do you know how to choose a treadmill for people of all ages? If not, then follow our guide on how to choose a treadmill?
Why Should You Buy A Treadmills For Seniors?
There are a lot of reasons why you should buy a treadmill for seniors. Among them, here are some main reasons why you should buy it.
- The treadmill is the easiest and simplest exercise equipment you can have for seniors because it offers easy exercise for the seniors.
- It offers a predictable surface that ensures easier negotiation than trails, curbs, and sidewalks and reduces riskiness.
- You can control the workout because the treadmill offers a heart rate meter, digital display, and others.
- Multiple users can use the same treadmill, meaning that all your family members can use it.
- The treadmill can burn more calories faster than most other types of exercise form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then here are some frequently asked questions by the users.
Is walking on the treadmill 30 minutes a day enough?
Yes, regularly 30 minutes of exercise is good enough to burn belly fat easily.
Can a 12 year old use a treadmill?
Yes, he can, but he should not use it because it can cause dangerous accidents.
At what speed should I walk on a treadmill?
It depends. If you want walking speed, 2-4 mph is enough for a fast walk, 4-5 mph, and for running, over 5 mph is good enough.
Is it OK to treadmill everyday?
You should use it for 5 days a week, but 7 days is not a big deal.
Is treadmill good for knees?
Yes, it is good for the knee. But when doing it excessively, it can cause pain, and if you have any previous pain, it will increase as well.
Finding the best treadmills for seniors is really important because it offers the comfort you need to walk and run, gives you speed to burn more calories, and ensures stability. That is why we have reviewed some of the top class treadmills for seniors with their features and benefits so that you can pick the right one. All of them are good and provide good value to the users.
However, if you ask for my suggestion, I will tell you to go for the Merax Electric Folding Treadmill. It offers you the stability you need, the comfort you are looking for, speed, and all other benefits. You might not find any better option in the market. So without any further delay, place an order.