Walking or running is a great way to lose belly fat and burn calories. Also, it is an effective way to increase your speed, stamina, and muscle power. But for heavyweight people, it is tough to go outside and walk or run. This is because they have to wear a fitted dress for running, which may look awkward, the surface might not be predictable, or they don’t have time or will to go outside.
In that case, a treadmill can be the best way to lose weight or burn calories. There are a lot of treadmills in the market, but you need the best treadmill for heavy runners. When you have the best one, you get maximum comfort, enough support, a large running area, and lots of other benefits. So make sure you purchase the best and right one.
Are Treadmills Good For Runners?
The treadmill is a good way to burn calories, improve muscle power, and lose weight. For runners, it can be good equipment as well because it provides different types of benefits to the runner. A runner can set the speed as he wants, do different types of workouts, and get the desired decline for more intense exercise.
Also, he or she can get a smooth and predictable surface that can reduce the chances of injuries as well. However, this will be possible only when the runner gets a long and wide belt, incline decline mode, high speed, and comfortable cushioning with the right treadmill. There are a lot of benefits of treadmills. Do you know all of these benefits? If not, then you should visit our guide on the benefits of treadmills.
Table of content:
Do you want to know everything described below at a glance? If yes, then check out our table of content below.
- Top 5 Best Treadmill For Heavy Runners In 2021
- What To Consider Before Buying A Treadmill For Heavy Runners?
- Why Should You Buy A Treadmill For Heavy Runners?
If you want to make a better decision while choosing the right treadmill, then you should compare all the treadmills at once. Check out our comparison chart to compare all the treadmills we have reviewed.
NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmills
3G Cardio Lite Runner Treadmill
Sunny Health & Fitness Manual Treadmill with 16 Levels of Magnetic Resistance
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black
SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill - Electric Foldable Exercise Fitness Machine
Top 5 Best Treadmill For Heavy Runners In 2021
You know it is important to get the right treadmills. But the market does not have enough good treadmills for heavy runners. That is why we have come up with some high-class treadmills with their features and benefits so that you can make a better decision.
1. NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmills
The NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmillsis one of the top class treadmills that offer maximum value to the users. It comes with 3.75 CHP DurX Commercial plus a motor that can generate up to 12 mph speed. Also, it ensures less noise and auto cooling technology. As a result, you get the maximum speed with a long time running or walking facility without any noise. You will have a speed control feature as well to set the speed to your desired level.
It has 22 inches x 60 inches large cushioned running surface so that any tall, heavyweight runner can easily use it with full comfort. When you purchase this equipment, you will have a 1-year iFit membership where you can get on-demand workout class online. For excessive exercise and burning more calories, you will get automated incline too.
With this treadmill, you will have a large touchscreen display that allows you to customize the workout program. Its foldable and compact design allows you to move it anywhere and set it easily for more convenience.
NordicTrack Commercial Features:
- The treadmill comes with 3.75 CHP DurX Commercial plus motor that generates 12 mph speed with auto cooling feature and less noise.
- It features 22 inches x 60 inches large cushioned running surface for tall and heavyweight runners.
- You will have 1-year iFit membership where you can get on-demand workout class online.
- This treadmill has an automated incline that enables you excessive workout and more calorie burning
- It has a large touchscreen display with a foldable design that allows you to use different programs and move it conveniently.
2. 3G Cardio Lite Runner Treadmill
The 3G Cardio Lite Runner Treadmillis another excellent treadmill that you should consider while thinking of purchasing the treadmill for heavy runners. It comes with 2.5 High Torque HP motor that can produce up to 12mph speed. Along with this fast speed, you have a one-touch speed control so that you can walk 0-12mph speed.
It has an 18.5″ x 51.5″ OrthoFlex shock-absorbing large running surface with 300 lbs weight capacity. As a result, even if you are heavyweight, you can easily and comfortably walk or run here. With its USB built-in speaker, you can listen to any audio while walking or running on the treadmill.
If you want to do intense exercise, you can do it here as well because it offers a maximum of 15% incline. You can easily burn more calories by this. Besides, it has a large LCD/LED display where you can check your activity. You will have a heart rate monitor as well for more control over your exercise.
3G Cardio Lite Features:
- The treadmill comes with a 2.5 High Torque HP motor that can produce up to 12mph speed.
- It features an 18.5″ x 51.5″ OrthoFlex shock-absorbing large running surface for comfortable walking or running.
- You will get a maximum of 15% incline, meaning that you can do enough intensive workout easily.
- This treadmill has a built-in speaker that allows you to listen to the audio while walking or running
- It has an LCD/LED display along with a heart rate monitor so that you can have full control over your exercise
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Manual Treadmill with 16 Levels of Magnetic Resistance
The Sunny Health and Fitness Manual Tread mill are one of the unique and highly effective treadmills for heavy runners. If you are planning to lose your weight and burn more calories within a short time, then this is the one you need. It comes with Dual Flywheels that requires more power from the user to get the treadmill started. As a result, the user burns more calories than traditional treadmills and thus lose more weight.
The treadmill is manual and comes with 53L X 16W inches large heavy-duty running surface. It allows you to run or walk smoothly and, at the same time, make you burn more calories easily. With its 16 resistant levels, you can set the intensity of your workout and get your desired result.
Even you can get a more intense workout by using its 13. 5% Fixed Incline. It features Sweat-resistant rails so that you can get better grip and stability during your intense exercise. Besides, you will get Rubber stabilizers on the bottom of the treadmill that makes the set up super easy.
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- The treadmill comes with Dual Flywheels that requires more power by users, and thus it ensures more intense exercise
- It features 53L X 16W inches large heavy-duty manual running surface so that you can smoothly run or walk here with high power
- You will get 13. 5% Fixed Incline that allows you to walk or run more intensely
- This treadmill has Sweat-resistant rails so that you can get a better grip and enjoy your walking
- It has different resistant levels that enable you to walk and run in a speed you want
4. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black comes with a lot of features to make your workout easier and more fun. It features a quiet high torque 2.25HP motor that provides speeds 10mph for fast running. You will have preset speed settings to speed up from 0.5 – 10mph for slow to fast running.
It has a large 16″ x 50″ running surface, meaning that you can smoothly and comfortably walk and run on it. Also, its deck has extra cushion so that it can absorb shock and reduce the impact on joints. For intense exercise, you will have 3 manual incline settings so that you can set your intensity of the workout and burn more calories.
Like any good treadmills, this one has a 5″ large LCD console where you can track your work out and control it as well. Also, a hand pulse grip sensor keeps you on track and helps you achieve your goal. With its foldable design and compact construction, you can easily move and store it easily. So overall, with all these useful features, this can be the best treadmill for heavy runners.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Features:
- The treadmill comes with a quiet high torque 2.25HP motor with preset speed settings that provide speeds from 0.5 – 10mph for slow to fast running
- It features a large 16″ x 50″ running surface with an extra cushion that absorbs shock, meaning that you can smoothly and comfortably walk and run
- You will have 3 manual incline settings so that you can work out with different intensity
- This treadmill features easy to read LCD with Hand pulse grips sensors to track your workout and achieve your goal
- It comes with a foldable design that makes it easy to move and store at your home
5. SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill – Electric Foldable Exercise Fitness Machine
Up next is the SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill, which has all the features you need to lose weight and more calories. It comes with a 1.5HP treadmill Motor that produces up to 7.5 MPH speed that is good enough for heavy runners. You will also have a speed control feature so that you can walk and run fast and slow.
It features 43.3’’ x 15.7’’inches large PVC coating with an anti-slip running surface that is suitable for home use and comfortable walk and run. Its maximum weight capacity is 300 lbs, and with its 3 manual incline level, you can work more intensely to burn more calories. For easy setup and storing, it features an easy folding design.
You will have a hand Grip Sensors for Pulse Monitoring and a digital LCD to track your activity. Other than that, it has a safety key, Soft Drop System, and built-in speaker to make the work out more comfortable.
SereneLife Smart Digital Features:
- The treadmill comes with a 1.5HP treadmill Motor that produces up to 7.5 MPH speed that is good enough for heavy runners
- It features a 43.3’’ x 15.7’’inches large PVC coating with an anti-slip running surface that is suitable for home use and comfortable walk and runs
- You will have 3 manual incline level so that you can set the intensity based on your demand
- This treadmill has a safety key, Soft Drop System, and built-in speaker to make the work out easier
- It has an LCD monitor where you can monitor your multiple preset programs and achieve your goal
What To Consider Before Buying A Treadmill For Heavy Runners?
Getting a good treadmill for general use might be easier than getting a good treadmill for heavy runners. However, we are here to help, and we will tell you how you can choose the best treadmill for heavy runners.
The weight capacity of the treadmill tells you how much weight it can take to operate perfectly. Since we are talking about treadmills for heavy runners, weight capacity should be the first concern. If you choose a treadmill with low weight capacity, it won’t be able to tolerate your weight and, as a result, cannot work properly. So make sure you have chosen a treadmill with a weight capacity higher than you.
Motor and speed:
Motor and speed are important as well that need to be considered as well. Its motor determines the power and speed determines your walking speed. So make sure the motor is powerful enough to generate enough speed so that you can run or walk as you want. Also, try to get one that has speed control so that you can walk slowly, jog, and run at the same time.
You need to consider the construction as well since construction will determine how long it will last. Also, if you can choose a well-constructed treadmill, it can easily handle all your effort and exercise you do on a treadmill. On the other hand, a poor-constructed treadmill might fall down with your weight and running. So make sure the construction is good enough to carry heavy weight loads.
You are going to run on the tread deck. That is why it is important to choose a good running surface that offers maximum comfort and a large area to work out. So choose a large running surface where any heavy person can easily move and work out. At the same time, make sure the surface is cushioned and absorb shock so that it reduces the impact on your joint for an easy workout.
Along with all these, you should look for some extra features as well. These features will make your work out easier and more convenient. For example, you should look for the handrails with cushion and non-slip foam. Check the incline; it will allow you to do a more intense workout. The digital monitor is also important since, with this, you can monitor your activity and achieve your goal.
These are the main things that you should consider before buying a treadmill for heavy runners. If you know how to choose a treadmill for everyone, you can know how to choose it for heavy runners as well. Do you know how to choose a general treadmill? If not, then visit our guide on how to choose a perfect treadmill.
Why Should You Buy A Treadmill For Heavy Runners?
There are a lot of reasons why you should buy a treadmill, especially for heavy runners. Here are the reasons.
- Treadmills for heavy runners have larger running areas and a higher weight capacity, meaning that for easy workout and comfort, you should buy a treadmill for heavy runners.
- You can do various work out using the treadmill such as walking, jogging, and running.
- It enables you to do multitasking, such as walking, talking over the phone, and doing some basic official work, when working out on the treadmill.
- It offers more cushion and shock absorbing ability so that you get maximum comfort and have fewer injuries.
- You will get privacy, and also, it saves a lot of time that you may spend on dressing up and going out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then check out our frequently asked questions below.
Is there a weight limit for treadmills?
Actually, there is no weight limit for a treadmill; however, if you want your Treadmill work perfectly and smoothly, then you should follow the weight limit.
Is running on a treadmill good for losing belly fat?
Yes, it is extremely beneficial for losing belly fat since it allows you to burn more calories.
Are treadmills bad for knees?
If the Treadmill running surface cannot absorb shock, it might create pressure on the knee, and if you have weak knees or have any problems in the knee, it might cause problems for sure.
Is walking on a treadmill bad for arthritic knees?
Yes, if you have arthritis, it would not be a good decision to walk on the Treadmill.
Is it bad to run everyday on a treadmill?
The recommendation is that you should work 150 minutes a week, meaning that 30 minutes every day, 5 days a week. So this is bad practice to running every day.
Finding the best treadmill for heavy runners is really important because it offers you maximum speed, a large and smooth running surface, good weight capacity, and all other benefits you need. Without a good Treadmill, it is impossible to find out these features and benefits.
That is why we have reviewed some of the top class Treadmills for heavy runners with their features and benefits. It will help you to find out the perfect one. All of them are good; however, if you ask for my suggestion, I will tell you to go for the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black. It offers you a large, shock-absorbing tread belt, incline, good speed, and all other benefits that you need for a successful workout.