Do you know what’s the best way of getting a full-body workout every day in the comfort of your apartment? The answer is by using a rowing machine. It activates the muscles in your arms, legs, back, and core.
But, what’s the best rowing machine for apartment? I hear you ask. And it’s a valid question as rowing machines are a bit heavy and bulky. So, not all of them will be ideal for an apartment that has only a small amount of space to spare.
In order to find the best rowing machines for home and apartment, we have made this list. You’ll definitely find your answer if you go through our list.
So, let’s begin.
How Did We Make The List?
Making this list of the best quiet rowing machines for apartment required a lot of research and testing. In order to make sure we were only choosing the best products to be on our list, we interviewed 5 gym trainers and rowing experts to get their views on the matter.
We read through roughly 300 customer reviews and we tested out 27 different rowing machines to finally pick the 10 best rowers out of the bunch. The whole process took us more than 70 hours.
Best Rowing Machine For Apartment – 30 Sec Quick Summary
Before we dive into our list, let’s take a look at a quick summary of each of the products. This will give you a clear picture of the strengths of these rowing machines.
Editor’s Choice: GYMAX Magnetic Rowing Machine
“Overall, the GYMAX magnetic rower is the best one when it comes to performance and durability.”
Best Budget: Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride
“Sunny Health & Fitness is literally the biggest brand in the rowing machine industry. And this is one of their most affordable options.”
Best Magnetic Rowing Machine: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine
“Highly adjustable with 12 different resistance settings, easy to move and store. You’ll love the quality and features of this Sunny Health & Fitness rower.”
Best Quiet: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
“If you’re using your rowing machine in your apartment, then it has to be quiet, right? And that’s why the SF-RW1205 would be a great choice for you.”
Most popular choice: Concept2 Model D
“The concept2 Model D is the one and only choice for most of the gym trainers and rowing enthusiasts.”
Best for small spaces: Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050
“Don’t have too much space to spare? No need to worry. Just go for the new Stamina Body Trac Glider.”
Best for Full-Body workouts: Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower
“This high-quality rowing machine provides an immersive rowing experience and it’ll feel like you’re rowing on water.”
Best High-Tech Rower: NordicTrack RW Rower
“This rower provides a whopping 26 different resistance settings to pick from. And its digital display is outstanding.”
Best Foldable: Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
“It has a durable main beam and a steel frame. You can easily fold it up for storage.”
Best Value Cookware Set: Mr. Captain Rowing Machine
“As this rowing machine provides actual water resistance, your rowing sessions will feel authentic and real.”
Table of Content:
Below you will find the list of 10 best rowing machine lists. This list will save your time and give you a quick navigation to the topic you want to read.
- How Did We Make The List?
- Best Rowing Machine For Apartment – 30 Sec Quick Summary
- Top 10 Best Rowing Machine for Apartment Reviews 2021
- 1. Editor’s Choice: GYMAX Magnetic Rowing Machine
- 2. Best Budget: Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride
- 3. Best Magnetic Rowing Machine: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine
- 4. Best Quiet: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
- 5. Most popular choice: Concept2 Model D
- 6. Best for small spaces: Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050
- 7. Best for Full-Body workouts: Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower
- 8. Best High-Tech Rower: NordicTrack RW Rower
- 9. Best Foldable: Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
- 10. Best Value Cookware Set: Mr. Captain Rowing Machine
- 5 Tips for Using the Rowing Machine (Step by step)
- Bottom Line
This chart will provide you with the best features of the 10 best rowing machines. you can make a decision which one is perfect for you by overviewing this comparison chart.
|GYMAX Magnetic Rowing Machine||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine Rower||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|NordicTrack RW900 Rower Includes||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Mr. Captain Rowing Machine for Home Use||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Top 10 Best Rowing Machine for Apartment Reviews 2021
Are you ready to row? Well, you better be! We have created the list of best quiet rowing machines for apartments so that you can get a full-body workout without having to leave your apartment.
1. Editor’s Choice: GYMAX Magnetic Rowing Machine
Are you looking for a rowing machine that’s smooth, quiet, and remarkably stable? Well, you should look no further than the GYMAX magnetic rowing machine. It features non-slip foot pedals and 10 resistance levels that’ll let you choose the intensity of your exercise.
It’ll hit all of your major muscle groups and the rowing m0tion will burn a lot of calories. Moreover, the various intensities of the workout will also work to your benefit.
And picking the right resistance level for your workout is as simple as turning the flexible wheel. It also features an LCD monitor that’ll help you monitor the distance, time, stroke count, and number of calories burned.
This feature will surely help you achieve your daily fitness goals. And as it’s foldable, you can easily fold it up vertically and store it in a compact space. This feature will also allow you to transport it quite easily.
- The GYMAX rower features 10 levels of adjustable resistance for different workout intensities.
- It can withstand a maximum user weight of 265 pounds.
- Features an LCD monitor that lets you see the workout time, total count, and calories burned.
- Comes with smooth wheels that allow you to move the machine with ease.
2. Best Budget: Sunny Health & Fitness Squat Assist Row-N-Ride
The Sunny Health Row-N-Ride trainer is ideal for you if you’re looking for a piece of equipment for a full-body workout. If you want to get a toned physique and gain some lean muscles, then you should definitely buy this home squat machine.
It targets your core, upper and lower body muscles and thus maximizes the versatility of your workout. It lets you choose between three different resistance bands so that you can customize your workout in any way that you see fit.
Each of the bands will add an additional 22 pounds resistance. It also features a digital monitor that’s used for tracking your progress during workouts. This monitor lets you observe the time, total count, calories etc.
The handlebar has an ergonomic design that provides you with multiple grips and you can use this machine in multiple positions. Moreover, it has textured foot-pedals. These pedals make sure you get proper footing while doing squats.
- The product’s dimensions are 36.5” x 19” x 37”.
- It can take a maximum user weight of 220 pounds.
- Features a comfortable padded seat that’s also adjustable.
- Comes with multi-functional monitor and three levels of cable tension.
3. Best Magnetic Rowing Machine: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine
And on the third spot we have another entry from Sunny Health & Fitness. If you want to row your way into a great shape, then this is the product you should buy. This new magnetic rowing machine features a smooth and quiet magnetic tension system.
It comes with a digital monitor that’s used for tracking your overall progress during your workout session. It displays time, total count, and calories. And it lets you crank up the intensity of workouts by switching between its 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
This rower provides the ultimate comfort to the user during their exercise as it has a cushioned seat. It’ll enable you to work out for longer periods of time.
It also features textured nonslip foot pedals that have safety straps. These features make sure your feet stay in place throughout your rowing session.
- Features a long 48-inch slide rail.
- Comes with built-in transportation wheels for easy movement.
- Has non-slip foot pedals that enable you to go wild while you’re working out.
- Let’s adjust the resistance of the rowing machine into 8 different levels.
4. Best Quiet: Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
If you want to get all the benefits of having an intense exercise session right in the comfort of your home, then we highly recommend you consider the Sunny Health SF-RW1205 rowing machine.
It features 12 different levels of resistance settings. And its smooth glide seat makes the rowing process as smooth as possible. Moreover, its adjustable intensity levels will allow you to customize your workout routine as you see fit.
This rowing machine has a simple design. It has a sturdy steel frame, non-slip handlebars, and a digital monitor. The monitor displays time, total count, calories, etc. You can quickly scan your progress while you’re rowing by looking at this monitor.
- It features a hydraulic resistance mechanism that makes the rows smooth and quiet.
- This rowing machine has excellent adjustability as it lets you fit the pedal straps or level the rower using stabilizers.
- Features a cushioned handle that lets you have a range of motion while rowing.
- Has adjustable footplates that can fit all foot sizes and it even has an adjustable strap.
5. Most popular choice: Concept2 Model D
Do you want to know about what’s the gold standard in the rowing world? It’s none other than Concept2 rowing machines. This is the rowing machine of choice for a lot of users worldwide and there’s a good reason for that.
The quality and durability of the Concept2 Model D are impeccable. And one of the best parts about this rowing machine is its performance monitor. This digital performance monitor is hands down the most sophisticated rowing monitor out there.
Concept2’s monitor is not only sophisticated, but it’s also easy to use. Not only that, it has wireless Bluetooth connectivity that can be connected to the heart rate monitors. This will let you unload that data to a heart rate monitoring app.
This will let you save your training data and even compare your data with other people from across the world.
This rowing machine is lightweight and has ergonomic storage capabilities. You can break them apart into two and store them in a compact space or transport them with ease. It can also be stored vertically.
- The seat height is 14” and so most of the users can fit into it.
- Features an ergonomic handle and comfortable footrests.
- Comes with a free ErgData app that stores the records of your workout sessions.
- Features a backlit LCD monitor measure your progress by looking at various metrics.
6. Best for small spaces: Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050
Rowing is one of the best types of exercise for strength and cardiovascular fitness. And you need a high-quality rower like the Stamina Body Trac Glider by your side in order to accomplish that.
This rower is a compact rowing machine that can easily be fitted into your home workout area. It features uniquely designed rowing arms that provide a full range of motion to the user. Exercising with this rower will make you feel like you’re actually rowing on water.
It features an aluminum center beam and a steel frame that are designed to withstand years and years of use. Moreover, this rower will provide you with a stable and comfortable workout experience every single time you take it out for a spin.
The padded molded seat of this rower slides easily on its ball-bearing roller system. It features a multi-functional fitness monitor tracks stroke count, workout time, total strokes accumulated, and the total calories burned on a session.
- The digital monitor can be set to scan mode that will rotate from one function to the next displaying each function for 6 seconds.
- Features large footplates and adjustable nylon foot straps.
- Its seat rail is a bit angled in order to get a smoother seat return.
- Comes with padded hand grips and foldable arms.
7. Best for Full-Body workouts: Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower
Do you want to get real results from your exercise routine? Well, if that’s the case, then the Fitness Reality 1000 rower is the way to go. This rowing machine will enable you to enjoy the low-impact, full-body benefits of rowing from the very comfort of your home.
It’s a magnetic rower is equipped with Bluetooth smart cloud fitness. The Fitness Reality 1000 comes with free a free my-cloud fitness app that’s available on android and iOS for tracking your exercise results.
You get to choose between three different goal settings that include time, distance, and the number of calories burned. It’s perfect for the fitness freaks of all levels. You can rotate between 14 different magnetic tension resistance levels to dial in the perfect level of challenge for you.
In order to maximize the user’s comfort throughout the long workout sessions, this rower features a 21.5″ extra-wide cushioned handlebar and a large ergonomically contoured seat.
- It features adjustable anti-slip foot pedals that can pivot and thus provide a wide range of motions.
- You can safely do upright rows or curls as it has front stabilizer footpads.
- Features an easy-to-read 3.5″ LCD screen that shows distance, time, calorie, and total count.
- Comes with an ultra-quiet nylon belt and ball-bearing rollers.
8. Best High-Tech Rower: NordicTrack RW Rower
If you’re the type of person who likes to keep up with the latest trends, then you’ve probably heard that the Nordictrack rower is one of the best rowers money can buy.
Thanks to its 22-inch touch screen this rower serves up a library of interactive exercise classes and tutorials made by real trainers. You can also adjust the resistance settings during your workouts.
It’s incredibly adjustable as it boasts 26 digital rowing resistance levels. No matter how intense you want your workout to be, you can easily get that using this rowing machine.
If you want to make the most out of your rower, then we suggest you pair this rower with an iFit membership. Such membership will provide you with the privilege to access hundreds of different workouts.
It even has a feature called automatic trainer control that lets the iFit trainer virtually control your resistance level depending on your progress.
- Features 26 different resistance levels and the iFit trainer is able to automatically adjust the resistance level for optimal results.
- It comes with headphones and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Has a built-in 22” HD touchscreen for streaming workout videos.
- Features adjustable pedals and easy-release foot straps.
9. Best Foldable: Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
One of the best ways of building cardiovascular strength and enhancing one’s strength is by working out with a rowing machine. It not only builds strength and endurance but also increases your metabolism.
The Stamina 1215 orbital rower with free motion arms mimics the motion of rowing a boat on the water perfectly. It’s the ideal tool for burning fat and for getting a toned body.
It features a padded, easy gliding seat that glides on a ball-bearing roller system. The rowing arms have foamed hand grips that keep your hands stable and comfortable while rowing.
The Stamina rower also features a multi-functional fitness monitor that keeps you motivated while working out. It displays speed, time, distance, stroke count, and calories burned.
- Features two flexible rowing arms that make it feel as if you’re actually rowing.
- Has a steel frame and the center beam is made out of durable aluminum.
- The beam incline of this rowing machine is adjustable.
- Comes with adjustable hydraulic cylinder resistances.
- Features large adjustable footplates and durable nylon foot straps.
10. Best Value Cookware Set: Mr. Captain Rowing Machine
The Mr. Captain rowing machine is made out of solid red walnut with metal fixtures and precision components. These components produce a rowing platform that is able to last for a lifetime.
It has the same strength and durability as a rower with a steel frame. It lets you choose the level of resistance for a more accurate and precise workout. This rower is capable of flawlessly reproducing the catch and resistance of on-water rowing.
It comes with a customizable Bluetooth monitor that lets you set up the rower into three different modes. Those modes include target, interval custom, and manual. This feature helps you manage your time and reach your workout goals faster.
Mr. Captain Features:
- The Mr. Captain rower features an ergonomic 3D seat. It’s quite stable and impact-resistant.
- Comes with a movable pulley that lets you transport the rower to any place you like with minimum effort.
- You can connect the Bluetooth monitor of the rowing machine to the “FitShow” training app to monitor your progress.
- Features an adjustable footplate that’s compatible with different foot sizes.
5 Tips for Using the Rowing Machine (Step by step)
A lot of people are fascinated by rowing machines but the problem is most of them don’t know how to get started. And that shouldn’t stop you from including rowing as a part of your everyday workout routine.
Don’t worry! We have got you covered. Just follow the tips and tricks given below and you’ll start rowing like a pro in no time:
1. Adjust Your Feet
This is the most important step while starting your rowing session. You must at first make sure that the foot pedals are adjusted properly for your feet. The strap needs to run through the widest part of your foot.
While you’re rowing, you need to push the forward using your entire foot. Don’t push using the heel or ball of your feet. This will help engage your hamstrings, glutes, back, and quads.
2. Catch Position
The catch position refers to the front end of the stroke. You have to make sure that you’re in the correct position while you’re making the stroke. This is to ensure that you are able to exert as much force as you can.
We suggest you look at some online rowing tutorials in order to properly learn the catch position. If you miss the catch, you’ll certainly miss the stroke and so, try to be careful when you’re in the catch position.
The drive is the movement where you actually get all the work done. Executing the perfect drive is quite critical. If you start off with a proper catch position, then the drive will become much easier for you.
Put as much pressure as you can using your feet. When you’re at the end of the drive, pull the handlebar towards your chest.
4. The Recovery
Many people lose their form during the recovery phase as they let loose and they are more eager to go for the next stroke. But you must maintain proper form and ease into the next catch to maximize your results.
Once you’re done with the drive, slowly glide forward without making any snappy movements. It should be long and relaxed.
5. Take Your Time To Learn The Mechanics
Rowing is not a natural movement, it’s actually a learned movement. You don’t just sit on the rowing machine and magically know how to use it. You have to learn how it’s done and practice the proper form and movements.
And so, if you’re new to rowing, we suggest you spend a month or two perfecting your movements.
Frequently Asked Questions
We want you to purchase the best rowing machine that money can buy. And that’s why we will do our level best to provide you with the most relevant information as much as we can. And so, let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this matter:
Are 20 minutes of rowing enough?
Yes, it’s more than enough! Studies have shown that rowing for 20 minutes every day provides a full-body exercise to the user and it also releases endorphins in the brain.
Can you lose belly fat on a rowing machine?
Rowing is one of the best and most effective methods of burning calories and building lean muscles. And yes, it’ll help you lose belly fat.
Why you need a rowing machine for apartments?
Rowing machines help you lose weight, get a full-body workout every single day, build lean muscles. And so, it’s best to have a rowing machine in your apartment.
Should you row every day?
You shouldn’t row every day if you’re a beginner as it could tire you out. Try to row 3-4 times a week if you’re an amateur and if you’re experienced in rowing, then you can row every day.
What is the best rowing machine to buy for home use?
Sunny Health & Fitness Row-N-Ride is the best choice if you’re looking for a rower for home use. It provides amazing performance at an affordable price.
Are cheap rowing machines any good?
Actually, there are a lot of quality rowing machines out there that are also quite cheap. You just have to do some research about the product before purchasing it.
Buying a rowing machine is a smart choice for someone who’s looking for a way to get the benefits of going to the gym at the comfort of his/her home. It not only boosts one’s health but also provides an enjoyable experience to the users.
Hopefully, our detailed list of top-rated rowers has helped you in your quest of finding the best rowing machine for apartment. Do you want to know about our top-pick? The GYMAX Magnetic Rowing Machine is our favorite one out of the bunch. Its quality and affordability are unmatched. It has a convenient adjustable resistance control system and a multi-functional LCD display.
- Best Rowing Machine Under 200
- Best Bowflex Machine Reviews
- Best Cable Machine for Home Gym
- How Many Calories Does Rowing Machine Burn?