There are hardly any indoor exercise machines that push your overall body to its full potential. Rowing Machines is one of those machines. However, they come in an array of shapes, sizes, and prices. Consequently, they also have a diverse budget range whereas a highly functional one might cost you more than 500.
Choosing the right one within a budget, especially the best rowing machine under 200, can become a daunting job. If you’re going budget-conscious on it, you don’t have to worry about the budget if you have proper suggestions. Read on to find out a list of the ten best rowing machines you can find for under $200.
Table of Contents:
You can follow the given table of contents to jump to the section you’d like to browse.
- 10 Best Rowing Machine Under 200 Reviews 2021
- 1. ADVENOR Magnetic Rowing Machine Foldable Rower with LCD Monitor
- 2. Stamina Multi-Level Magnetic Resistance Rower, Compact Rowing Machine
- 3. Lanos Hydraulic Rowing Machine
- 4. MARNUR Full Motion Rowing Machine Indoor Rower with 350lbs Weight Capacity
- 5. GYMAX Hydraulic Rowing Machine, Full Motion Rower
- 6. Goplus Hydraulic Rowing Machine Rower with LCD Monitor
- 7. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
- 8. KUCATE Rowing Machine Rower for Home Use
- 9. Livebest Hydraulic Rowing Machine Full Body Stamina Exercise Power
- 10. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine
- Benefits of Using a Rowing Machine
- What Muscles Should I Warm Up Before I Start Using a Rowing Machine?
- Bottom Line
A detailed comparison is given below on the most promising rowing machines within the affordable budget. This chart will provide you with a quick overview on the rowers before we jump to the product descriptions.
ADVENOR Magnetic Rowing Machine Foldable Rower with LCD Monitor
Stamina Multi-Level Magnetic Resistance Rower, Compact Rowing Machine
Lanos Hydraulic Rowing Machine
MARNUR Full Motion Rowing Machine Indoor Rower with 350lbs Weight Capacity
GYMAX Hydraulic Rowing Machine, Full Motion Rower
Goplus Hydraulic Rowing Machine Rower with LCD Monitor
Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
KUCATE Rowing Machine Rower for Home Use
Livebest Hydraulic Rowing Machine Full Body Stamina Exercise Power
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine
10 Best Rowing Machine Under 200 Reviews 2021
At the end of the day, you will have to come to a buying decision by yourself. We have consolidated this list of the ten best rowing machine under 200 just to help you out on that. You can choose a rowing machine that you like from this list or use it for quality reference.
1. ADVENOR Magnetic Rowing Machine Foldable Rower with LCD Monitor
ADVENOR presents you with the best budget rowing machine as it packs performance on a low budget. This machine can accommodate about 75-inches of height and 265lbs of weight. You can buy this rowing machine for its reliable and robust performance delivered through an alloy steel frame.
It also comes with a built-in device holder to keep your phone while using this machine. On top of that, it keeps track of the time, total count, and calories through an LCD monitor. The magnetic tension system allows for smooth and silent sliding motions. You also get an 8-level adjustable resistance with a magnetic flyway.
You do not have to worry about your feet slipping since this machine comes with a non-slip pedal and an adjustable strap. The ergonomic and comfortable design of the device is comfortable to use. This is an incredible rowing machine to buy if you are looking for a product that packs utility within a budget.
- This rowing machine can accommodate a person who is 6’3” tall and weighs 265lbs.
- ItsLCD monitor keeps a track of your total workout time, the number of calories burnt, and the number of strokes that you have achieved.
- You’ll get an 8-level adjustable magnetic resistance that challenges the body to its full potential.
- The non-slip pedal and adjustable straps ensure that your feet stay in place.
2. Stamina Multi-Level Magnetic Resistance Rower, Compact Rowing Machine
This is a compact magnetic rowing machine that weighs 45lbs but can take up to 250lbs of weight. Parts of this machine are built with aluminum, which is why it’s lightweight. However, this easy to lift machine can challenge your body to perform the most difficult of strokes.
Furthermore, Keeping track of your strokes, time, and burnt calories are made with this multi-functional built-in monitor. You can maximize your workout time since you won’t slip, thanks to the additional foot straps and foam rowing handles. This machine facilitates smooth sliding and strokes due to its ball-bearing rollers.
Plus, with a comfortably padded seat and 8-levels of quiet magnetic resistance, you can do intensive workouts for longer periods. Storing and carrying lightweight machines is always convenient, and that is what you get with the Stamina Multi-Level Magnetic Resistance Rower.
- This is a portable and lightweight rowing machine that weighs only 45lbs with an aluminum construction.
- It has a multi-functional monitor that allows you to keep a track of your workout time, calories, and other statistics.
- You get comfortable rowing handles that have a foam coating to protect your hands from developing calluses.
- It also comes with ball-bearing rollers allowing for a smooth gliding motion.
- The comfortably padded seat makes intensive workouts convenient.
3. Lanos Hydraulic Rowing Machine
This compact hydraulic workout machine is made of a robust steel frame that can hold up to 250lbs of weight. It features a unique handlebar that allows you to adjust your exerting angles. Therefore, you can control the muscles you want to put the most exertion on.
You’ll also get an LCD screen that keeps track of the most necessary statistics. The scan feature formulates workout metrics every 5 minutes. Besides, you will find working out on this machine exemplary as its ergonomic design allows you to be comfortable. It also features pivoting foot plates that come with two straps that will keep your feet in perfect position.
The Lanos Hydraulic Rowing Machine is one of the best products that you can find on a budget. Since it comes with spectacular statistical scanning, it’s a perfect choice if you want to keep track of your workouts.
- This rower comes with a unique handlebar that allows you to adjust your exercising angles according to your comfort.
- You will receive workout metrics every 5 minutes due to the scanning feature.
- It has an LCD screen to track your workout time, the number of calories burnt, and all other statistics.
- The pivoting foot plates and adjustable straps allow you to have firm feet grip.
4. MARNUR Full Motion Rowing Machine Indoor Rower with 350lbs Weight Capacity
Are you looking for a heavy-duty rower that comes with maximum customizability? The MARNUR Full Motion Rowing Machine does just that and more. The steel frame of this product can take a staggering 350lbs of weight.
This rowing machine’s arm can rotate to 360o to provide you a perfect rowing experience. It comes with 12-level of adjustable hydraulic resistance that gives you autonomy over your workout intensity. You can adjust the exertion levels due to the adjustable arm. Which is fully padded for your comfort.
Holding your mobile next to the LCD monitor is fun with its device holder next to the screen. It also comes with pedals and security straps that can adjust any size feet. Maintaining balance and stability is easy in this rowing equipment. There is no heavy-duty rower that you can find at a budget price other than the MARNUR Full Motion Rowing Machine.
- This heavy-duty machine can accommodate a person who weighs up to 350lbs.
- You get a realistic rowing experience due to the 360o rotating arm.
- The 12-level adjusting magnetic resistance can be adjusted according to the strength that you want to input.
- It also has adjustable straps on the foot pedals allowing your feet to stay in place even on the maximum resistance level.
5. GYMAX Hydraulic Rowing Machine, Full Motion Rower
This is the best affordable rowing machine from GYMAX that you can buy for a convenient full-body workout. It’s a compact machine that will fit anywhere in the house or an office. You will get the most realistic rowing motion with this machine.
Its smooth ball-bearing system allows you to enjoy smooth strokes for a full-body workout. The maximum resistance that this machine provides is 110lbs, but it can be reduced with the manually adjustable release knobs. Plus, the LCD screen tracks statistics and helps you formulate the best fitness plan according to your movements.
You’ll get a sturdy and durable steel structure that can withstand 265lbs of weight. The safety is optimum with four adjustable straps. The full-adjustability also allows this machine to be truly versatile. Since the machine formulates workout plans for you, it saves you a lot of time and money.
- The compact build of the machine allows it to fit into any house or office space.
- This rower provides the maximum resistance of 110lbs.
- Its LCS doesn’t only track progress but also suggests workout plans for optimum results.
- A truly versatile machine that allows complete adjustability.
- Get realistic and smooth rowing experience due to the ball-bearing aided gliding motion.
6. Goplus Hydraulic Rowing Machine Rower with LCD Monitor
Goplus Hydraulic rowing machine lets you enjoy a full-body workout that tones most of your muscle groups. Ever since its market inception, it has been quite popular with users. The Goplus Magnetic Folding Rowing Machine has an easy assembly process to ease the daunting job. Plus, the steel frame can handle about 220lbs of weight and a user who is 195cm tall.
You get the machine with an LCD display and a cushioned seat. The large pedals are made of ABS material for a comfortable experience. This machine also does not make much sound since it’s fixed to a heavy-duty nylon strap instead of a chain.
It’s a rust-resistance machine, and the paint is corrosion-resistant to allow for durable usage. This Goplus Rowing Machine is the optimum buy if you are looking for a reliable rower.
- A popular rowing machine that is easy to assemble.
- The machine can be used by a person who is up to 195cm tall and weighs 220lbs
- you’ll also get an LCD screen to keep a track of all the statistics to keep yourself
- An ABS material made pedals along with a cushioned seat allow for a comfortable workout experience.
- It has a Rust-resistant and corrosion-resistant heavy-duty steel construction for the most
7. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
This machine uses a single-piston to provide resistance. It’s quite heavy for high resistance but an excellent machine for light users or beginners. The machine comes with a digital monitor that will calculate and display your workout time, strokes, and calorie count. Besides, it has a device holder so that you can have your phone or tab with you while you’re using the rower.
Its adjustable hydraulic system gives you the ability to choose the resistance at which you want to work. Don’t worry about overworking this machine as its steel frame is quite sturdy and can sustain an intense workout session.
This rower is a perfect machine to store because of its foldable design as it has a very compact size. You can fit it in your garage, office, or even under a bed. If you are looking for a top-rated product for beginners at a low price, this might be the right choice for you.
- The sturdy steel frame can withstand heavy weights and heavy workout strokes easily.
- Ideal for beginners or light users due to the resistance adjustability.
- An incredibly easy to store product that can fit anywhere in the house or an office.
- Its LCD monitor helps you to track your progress and your current workout intensity.
8. KUCATE Rowing Machine Rower for Home Use
This is a home gym machine that has a weight capacity of 265lbs. It itself is very lightweight at about 24lbs. Plus, its steel frame is incredibly durable to give you a solid feel while using the machine. However, you can also store it easily in small spaces in your house.
The best thing about this machine is its stabilization that lets you fix it on any kind of ground. Besides, the cushioned seat with pivoted textured pedals makes it incredibly comfortable and safe to use the machine.
You can adjust the resistance to 12 levels that have a significant change in the effort that you’ll have to put. If you are looking for an easy to assemble and compact machine, this is the right product for you.
- This machine comes with stabilizers that allow you to use the machine on any type of ground.
- The machine’s incredibly lightweight with 24lbs of weight, which makes it easy for you to store and carry the machine.
- Its pivoted textured pedals and cushioned seat allow you to be comfortable while working out.
- Each resistance level from the 12 adjustable levels creates a significant difference in the effort that you will have to put in.
- You can also keep track of your progress with the built-in LED screen.
9. Livebest Hydraulic Rowing Machine Full Body Stamina Exercise Power
Rowing Machines automatically provide a low-impact workout experience. However, the Livebest Hydraulic Rowing Machine reduces that impact further through its smooth sliding functions. The sturdy steel construction of this machine can withstand about 250lbs of weight and durable enough for an average home user.
You will find the maximum support with this machine with its low-impact workout technique that ensures smooth functioning. Since this machine is directly fixed to a nylon thread, the arms can be moved with low impact, even at high resistance.
The anti-slip pedals ensure that you do not sustain an injury due to slipping. You can also tie your feet to the pedals with adjustable straps that can fit any foot size. The handles are comfortable and slip-resistance to ensure that your arms do not slip off during an intensive workout. This machine is easy to store. It’s also portable with a perfectly foldable design.
- The sturdy steel construction of this rower can accommodate a person who weighs up to 250lbs.
- It’s a low-impact machine since the arms are fixed to a nylon thread instead of metal chains.
- You’ll get adjustable foot straps that can accommodate any foot size and provide non-slip foot support.
- It also comes with slip-resistance handles to offer maximum security during intensive workouts.
10. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine
If you are looking for a good cheap rowing machine, your search can be over here! It’s a near-perfect machine that resembles models that are at least $100 more expensive. You’re getting a full-motion rowing machine that is a premier name in the fitness industry.
With a weight capacity of 350lbs, the sturdy construction proves its strength. This machine comes with 12 levels of resistance adjustability for customizable performance. It allows you to be in control of your input intensity for maximum customizability in workout.
The ergonomic design includes a padded seat, anti-slip pedals, and a comfortable foam grip. It’s also pretty easy to store and safe to use. You can also track your statistics and workout progress through a small screen on this machine. This is a great option if you’re looking for a rower at a cheap price with maximum utility.
- Provides full-motion and adjustability.
- The machine comes with 12 adjustable levels of resistance that allow the user to be in control of the workout intensity.
- It can accommodate a person who weighs up to 350lbs.
- You get a padded seat, a comfortable grip, and anti-slip pedals for maximum comfort and safety.
Benefits of Using a Rowing Machine
Rowing machines use up to 86% of your body’s muscles. Therefore, you do not only tone and strengthen your muscles but also build endurance with a rowing machine. Using a rowing machine has several benefits, including boosting heart and lung health. Here’re some:
It’s a Full Body Workout:
According to AFPA, a single rowing stroke utilizes 25-35% of upper bodywork and 65-75% of leg work. The machine targets the major muscle groups as follows:
- Upper back
- Abdominal muscles
It’s a Low Impact Workout:
With a rowing machine, you can burn a large amount of calories without putting too much pressure on your joints. Therefore, it’s excellent for people who might be recovering from joint injuries. A study shows that people notice a 30% improvement in joint torques.
Great for Lungs and Heart:
Rowing is a cardiovascular exercise; therefore, every stroke forces the lungs and the heart to work better. Such an intense workout improves heart function and allows your blood vessels to expand to transport nutrients.
The smooth and gliding motions that are repetitive in nature allow your mind to go on autopilot. Therefore, there is an automatic mind-body connection that forms while using a rowing machine. Moreover, rowing makes your body release endorphins, which are the feel-good hormones that put you in a good mood.
What Muscles Should I Warm Up Before I Start Using a Rowing Machine?
Warming up before any exercise is crucial to ensure that you do not sustain any injuries due to overworking. A warm-up will help your muscles ease into the intense workout that you will be putting it through.
Simple stretching or weight lifting exercises are enough to prepare your muscles. Before using a rowing machine, you must make sure that the following muscle groups are prepared.
- Upper back
Frequently Asked Question
Do you have any more questions in mind to ask about rowing machines? Many have and here are the answers to some of them:
Can You Lose Belly Fat on a Rowing Machine?
Yes, a rowing machine can help you lose belly fat because this cardiovascular exercise makes your heart pump up. With an elevated heart rate, your body burns fat quickly without targeting a particular area. Therefore, you shed fat from your entire body, including your belly.
How Long Should You Row on a Rowing Machine?
If you want to lose weight, you must row for at least 40 minutes, six days a week. However, you must only row for about 3-5 minutes and take a short break in between sets to avoid muscle damage.
What Number of Calories Does a Rowing Machine Consume?
If you use a rowing machine for only 30 minutes at medium intensity, you can burn a staggering 300 calories per workout.
How Much Do I Use My Arms in a Rowing Machine Workout?
While using a rowing machine for about 30 minutes, you will have done enough to get rid of flabby arms. Your arms can also get bigger as you continue using a rowing machine for some time.
Is Rowing 20 Minutes a Day Enough?
It depends on how often and instance you’re using the rowing machine. If you row at medium to low intensity, you must use the machine for at least 30-40 minutes. However, rowing for 15 minutes at high intensity is fine as well.
A rowing machine is a great workout tool for people who want to lose weight and build muscle endurance. There is no need to worry about expenses while buying workout equipment anymore since you can get quality products at a low price. We hope that you’ve found the best rowing machine under 200 from the list above.
If you’re still confused about getting the right one and need a professional suggestion, go for the ADVENOR Magnetic Rowing Machine. It’s a perfect budget beast that offers a LCD monitor to show the live calorie burn, time on the machine, total count and so on. This machine offers a non-slip pedal alongside an adjustable strap design to help you stay firm on it. The ergonomic design can take up to 265 lbs of a person with 6’3″ stature and allow working out with 8-level magnetic resistance.