Short people find it challenging to find the best elliptical machine for themselves. Not only because most only accommodate taller users but also the market is flooded. Some new models do not meet the required standards for most workout programs.
The problem is that you may not identify the substandard ones and steer clear of them. Regardless of whatever problem you are finding between these two, we are here to help you get the best elliptical for short person.
We have a top list of five best elliptical trainers judging by excellent pricing, quality, performance, convenience, and efficiency. From these five trainers, you should be able to find your ideal match. It will help you save your couple of dollars by spending it right.
What Is a Good Stride Length On an Elliptical Trainer for A Short Person?
A stride length is defined as the length of your leg covers to make a complete elliptical motion, or simply when it moves forward and backward. Since a good stride length varies according to your height, shorter people need elliptical with shorter stride length.
Typically, the stride length limit for the elliptical machine can fall anywhere from inches to 25 inches.
So, the ideal stride length for short people would fall anywhere from 13 inches to 18 inches. Therefore, when choosing an elliptical machine, make sure you first measure the distance between the front pedal limit and the backpedal limit. This will help you find its stride length. Then compare it against your height to see if it is too long, short, or perfect for you.
Table of Contents:
You can access each section in this article for an elliptical for short people by clicking on the section in the table of content.
- 5 Best Elliptical for Short Person Reviews 2020
- Why Does Stride Length Matter When Choosing an Elliptical?
From this comparison chart, you can quickly understand each elliptical against the other in this article.
5 Best Elliptical for Short Person Reviews 2020
Here, you will find out what we have in store for you. The products that you are about to read about below are greater than many other similar products on the market. They have come out top because they have passed the many different tests that we have put them to better than their competitions.
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
The Sunny Health elliptical trainer comes from a company whose reputation for helping customers achieve their unique fitness goals. You can expect this machine to deliver to your expectations. The machine itself is a combination of technologically advanced features and smart engineering. No wonder it is the best elliptical for short people.
This elliptical boasts 16 levels of magnetic resistance that are computer-controlled. Therefore, it gives you plenty of workout options from which you can choose. As the levels rise, the difficulty increases. There is an LCD monitor to help you follow up on your workout progress.
Its heavy-duty steel frame supports a weight of up to 265 pounds, which is a good range. As you utilize its full motion handlebars, you engage your specs, traps, and biceps muscles. This activates muscles in your thighs, glutes, and hamstrings too. There is a bottle holder to help you keep water near you, not to interrupt your exercise session to get it.
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- Performance monitor clearly and conveniently helps you track distance, time, speed, heart rate, and several other essential data.
- Electromagnetic resistance in 16 levels offers workout difficulties from simple to hardest.
- The Sunny Health elliptical trainer has a 15.75-inch stride length provides enough space for you to propel your legs.
- Transport wheels make it portable so you can move it to different places, therefore more convenient.
- Pulse sensors monitor your heart rate and maintain it so you can track your workouts.
2. Exerpeutic Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical
This elliptical gives short people a reason to smile. It takes advantage of magnetic technologies with 8 resistance levels of ascending magnetic tension. This feature allows you to explore new limits in your physical abilities. Since it also operates quietly, you will have a comfortable workout with your concentration not diverted by noise.
The LCD gives you access to all essential exercise information so that you understand your workout progress. Even though the information will be displayed one at a time, it serves you with a wide variety of information. The pulse sensors help you keep your heart’s health in check, which many people find very helpful during a workout.
One of the areas where it beats its rivals is its maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds, making it the best elliptical for heavy person. Therefore, it is great for overweight or obese people. It, thus, gives a wide variety of bodyweight to get fit with regular use. The magnetic elliptical has a large with a ribbed design to prevent your feet from slipping. The machine also has a dual directional flywheel for forwarding and backward capability.
Exerpeutic Heavy Features:
- The Exerpeutic magnetic trainer can hold users up to 300 pounds hence ideal for overweight people.
- Hand pulse monitors users’ heart rate and displays the results to give you motivation when training.
- Eight magnetic resistance levels provide various workout difficulties to challenge your workouts.
- The machine features dual-action workout arms provide upper body workout and tone up the muscles.
- Precision-balanced flywheel and the V-belt drive facilitate the quiet operation so you can work out at home.
3. ANCHEER Elliptical Machine Trainer
Do you want to tone your upper body muscles in a stylish and cool way? This machine can be one of the best solutions you can get judging by the fact that it is the best elliptical for a home gym. It is highly likely that you will enjoy every bit of your workout on this elliptical judging by the many high-quality features.
This ANCHEER Elliptical Machine Trainer has a sturdy construction and a maximum user weight capacity of 300 pounds. It is a workout powerhouse with eight magnetic resistance levels to keep you worked out to the maximum. With an advanced digital monitor and pulse rate grips as some of the features it has, it creates a platform for you to monitor not only your workout progress but also your heart’s health.
It is smooth and operates quietly such that it will not interrupt anyone’s sleep or TV session. That is why it is a good elliptical for home use. It is safe for your knee and incorporates upper body movement, hence toning the upper muscles.
ANCHEER Elliptical Features:
- Heavy-duty non-slip pedals for better balance and safer pedaling, so you do not expect tipping.
- The frame can support a maximum of 300 pounds weight, which is suitable for many users.
- An advanced digital monitor with more features displays more of your workout parameters.
- A portable design that includes wheels at the front makes it easy to move to different locations.
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance help provide a comprehensive workout to suit your fitness goals.
4. EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
Different users may have varying reasons to exercise or buy an elliptical machine. Whatever your reason is, the EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer can help you. Created by people who understand how the body works and intension to make you healthier, this machine will serve the exact purpose you want it to serve.
This is the typical elliptical for small apartment, designed for rooms with congested space. No matter how tight space is, this machine still allows space for exercise. Its small design is not reflected in the footpads since they are just as large as you would want them to be.
The machine provides a total body workout, giving you a no-impact, smooth-flowing exercise for both upper and lower body muscles. The machine is safer on your knees regardless of how hard you exercise. That makes it one of the best elliptical machines for home use.
EFITMENT Magnetic Features:
- Belt-driven flywheel operates quietly and smoothly with no irritations and disturbances.
- A small footprint that occupies little space makes it perfect for small apartments and homes.
- Oversized non-slip pads make it comfortable and safer to exercise without causing injuries.
- Eight magnetic resistance levels provide a total workout to help you achieve your goals.
- The LCD has a built-in pulse rate and provides vital information to help you track your workouts.
5. MaxKare Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
Anyone looking for a quiet machine should consider buying the MaxKare Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer. It comes with a front flywheel that is well balanced, hence offering a smooth exercise as a result. It is workout equipment that is gentle and easy to maintain. It is an elliptical for small spaces, and you can therefore use it in the comfort of your home.
Unlike other common models, its LCD monitor is advanced and very helpful in keeping you updated on your workout progress. Since the display is also strategically placed, you will have an easy time viewing and controlling it. Also, it has holders for a cup and your devices.
You can begin your workout with a warm-up and increase the exercise intensity until the toughest points. This is because it has eight-level adjustable resistance. It is easy to adjust to optimize your workout, making it one of the best elliptical for weight loss. It will help you tone major muscles and keep you fit for a longer period.
MaxKare Magnetic Features:
- 13.5-inch stride length means no impact and a smooth flowing workout for short people.
- A comfortable and stable handlebar ensures that you have optimal results all the time.
- The machine features huge non-slip pedals to make every workout comfortable and safer.
- Eight adjustable levels and low noise operation makes it many people’s favorite trainer.
- The trainer has dual-direction capacity tones major muscles on the front and back of your legs
Why Does Stride Length Matter When Choosing an Elliptical?
Stride length is a crucial specification on an elliptical machine. Many people neglect stride length when choosing the best elliptical for short person. This specification can make all the difference in choosing the right product for yourself. But why is it so important?
Built-in workouts and music may make your exercise more engaging, but none of this can surpass the importance of a proper stride length. This specification ensures that you have a comfortable and effective workout session every time you are elliptical.
It makes every moment you spend on your machine worthwhile. Therefore, you cannot ignore the importance of this specification if you want to come out of the machine properly worked out. So, you choose the wrong one, and you will be wasting time working out. Wrong specifications can even be injurious.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several questions relating to ellipticals for short people. We have covered some of the frequently asked questions below.
What speed should I go on the elliptical?
Moderate speed on elliptical should feel like a casual run. It should neither feel like you are sprinting nor walking but going on a casual run.
Is 30 minutes of elliptical enough?
Yes, thirty minutes is good. It will be enough to work out and engage all the relevant muscles until they reach a point where they need no more.
How long should I work out on the elliptical?
The time you need to prevent weight gain and steer clear diseases by working out on elliptical may vary across different people. However, the standard duration is 150 minutes a week, which is equal to 30 minutes a day for five days.
Can short people get good workout results on elliptical machines?
Yes, they can get excellent results from exercising on the elliptical. If they choose the right elliptical for their height, they are bound to benefit just as much as anyone else should.
Now that you have this guide, you should not choose the wrong elliptical and suffer the consequences of the bad choice soon after. We would pick Exerpeutic Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical as the overall best elliptical for short person from this list. It features many accommodating and innovative features but also comes at a reasonable price.
However, different people often have varying tastes, and your taste might be different from ours. From these five products, you have been presented with a variety of options. You can always find your perfect match from them. When you do, make sure you use it well and take good care of it.