Are you moving to a new city? Or a new house close to your workplace? If yes, then you probably would know the trouble there is! Fold-unfold, pack-unpack, do-undo, it’s a whole painful story.
Even if you have the best treadmill for heavy runners or the average one you occasionally use, the trouble is the same. Many people think it is a difficult job to disassemble a Nordictrack Treadmill. If you are one of them, then welcome; I will convince you otherwise in a minute! Surprisingly, disassembling it is way easier than most people think. Join me for the next few minutes, and I will show you how to disassemble a Nordictrack Treadmill.
- How To Disassemble A Nordictrack Treadmill
- Tips To Safely Move A Nordictrack Treadmill
- Important Precautions For Using Nordictrack Treadmill
How To Disassemble A Nordictrack Treadmill
You can get a manual instruction to set up the Nordictrack treadmill. Nordictrack can be considered as one of the best Treadmill for heavy runners. This section will show you a step by step process for disassembling the nordictrack treadmill.
Step 1: Disconnect the Power
Better safe than sorry! Disconnecting the power will save you from electrocution. Not only that, in doing so, it will be safer and more comfortable to remove or fold other critical parts of the treadmill without damaging them.
Step 2 – Detach the Console
This is the next step after disconnecting the power source. Here, we are talking about removing the two-piece console wire from the very back of the workout machine(near the handrail). Pull it out gently to disconnect.
Step 3 – Detach Console Clamps
It is now time to detach the clamps of the console. Remember, it is a very thin wire and expands from the hole in the middle on the backside. After finding the wire, gently disconnect it.
Step 4 – Locate and Disconnect the Grounding Wire
Firstly, you have to lay the Right Upright near the base. After pressing the Grommet into the square hole in the Right Upright, you have disconnected the grounding wire. You must not, under any circumstances, pinch the ground wire. Never! If there is a screw pre-attached to the Right Upright, remove and discard it. Now you are totally safe.
Step 5 – Detach the Console from the Treadmill
After you have done all of it, this will be much easier. With just a screwdriver, unscrew the six screws(two on the right, two on the left, and two in the middle) that join the treadmill and the console.
Step 6 – Fold the Treadmill
Now the folding part. For everything so far, pat yourself on your back for completing 70% of your task. This step is focused on easy transportation(let’s say it will be transported in a van) of the treadmill.
Firstly, remove the console wires from the treadmill. Then, start with removing the bolts that are keeping the treadmill upright. There are a total of eight bolts, and once they are done, it is done. You do not have to work on the base as it cannot be disassembled. I recommend using a blanket or wrap bubbles so that they will not get damaged or broken and then place them on the van.
Tips To Safely Move A Nordictrack Treadmill
How to disassemble a Nordictrack treadmill and move a Nordictrack treadmill is not the same. What is the point of dismantling it perfectly, and then it got damaged while moving? Nada! So here I give you tips for moving the Nordictrack treadmill as a bonus! Understand this, moving a treadmill to your other room and moving a treadmill to your new city are not the same. Let’s see how I do it.
Moving the Nordictrack Treadmill to the Other Room
Well, follow these steps to avoid any damage:
Step 1: Firstly, you must place one of your legs on the wheel frame. All NordicTrack treadmills have wheels, so moving it shouldn’t be a problem. Then try pushing it and controlling its force with that leg.
Step 2: Use the handrails of the treadmill with one of your hands to change its direction to anywhere.
Step 3: Try tilting the treadmill a bit, and its wheels will move easily along while changing their directions.
Step 4: After reaching where the treadmill will be, stop the treadmill as it’s done moving.
Moving the Nordictrack Treadmill to the other House/City
Well, follow these steps to avoid any damage:
- Not all trucks/vans will have sufficient space assuming that you will be moving your other household items as well. Make sure there will be adequate space beforehand.
- Make sure to wrap the separate disassembled items with bubble wrap or at least with a blanket. This will protect it from damage.
- Be careful to bring it to your new place. Follow the user manual carefully before assembling.
Important Precautions For Using Nordictrack Treadmill
Only Assembling and Disassembling is not enough knowledge to ensure the safe use of the treadmill. Taking precautions while using it is also important. Here, I am mentioning some of them.
- The owner must ensure that all users of this treadmill are adequately informed of all warnings and precautions.
- If anyone above the age of 35 uses it, it is essential that a physician is consulted.
- Anyone with medical issues like reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge must not use it without supervision.
- Keep the treadmill away from the garage or covered patio or water.
- Avoid the operation of the treadmill where aerosol products are used or where oxygen is being administered.
- More than one person should not be on the treadmill at a time.
- Never wear loose clothes because loose clothes could become caught on the treadmill. Experts recommend wearing “Athletic support clothes” for both men and women.
- Athletic shoes are also recommended. Use of sandals, stockings, or to work out in bare shoes is also highly discouraged.
- The power cord and the surge suppressor should always be kept away from heated surfaces.
Well, everyone indeed agrees not only the fact that the NordicTrack treadmill is suitable for both commercial uses and in homes but also the fact that it is undoubtedly the best treadmills on the market in 2021. At times knowing about assembling/ disassembling and moving will sure come into use. After you have learned how to disassemble a Nordictrack treadmill, I am confident that your troubles are reduced.